Friday, April 23, 2010

Cameron Highlands, Malaysia

Share/Save/Bookmark
Considering the current situation in Thailand, I decided to wait and see how things are before heading that way. Several people mentioned the Cameron Highlands, which were significantly cooler than Kuala Lumpur and have some beautiful jungles. I hopped on the bus with a couple people I met in the hostel in Kuala Lumpur and arrived by night time. We decided to stay at Father's guest house, which we heard great things about. It's an old WWII military base converted into a hotel. Our room is in one of the bunkers, which I thought was super original. The bathrooms aren't quite what we are used to, but they don't bother me. There is a toilet and a bucket to the side (no toilet paper) You figure out how this works ;)








During the next couple of days, we did a tour and a hike. The tour took us to a few fantastic places: tea plantation and tea factory, butterfly garden, a buddhist temple and a rose garden. Here is what tea looks like when it's not in our mugs.



The process of tea making is quite interesting but I think I'll save that for another entry since I'm totally exhausted after the 12km hike. Leah, I didn't forget when you said I should pay attention to the smells. I cannot even begin to describe how amazing the tea factory smelled!

2 comments:

  1. Olya! I am having a great time (as I am living vicariously through you) The colors, smells and sounds add to the flavor of travel - You Go Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sky in the tea gardens pic!

    ReplyDelete

 
Aauml Web Directory